Wireless Internet access is provided jointly by the Regent College
Student Association (RCSA), the John Richard Allison Library, and Regent IT. The following is some basic information about the networks:
- regent-student:: For Regent students only
- Full internet access;
- Please login using your Regent Login (RL); this is the same credentials used to access REGIS and Moodle.
- To reset your Regent Login password, click here.
- Regent College:: For Regent guests e.g. conference attendees, board members, alumni and donors.
- Limited web browsing and email access only.
- If you know your Regent Login (RL), you can retrieve the password here.
- Otherwise, you may ask the Library Circulation Desk staff for the password.
- eduroam:: For UBC students and students from other EduRoam affiliated institutions.
- Login with your home institutions credentials e.g. email@example.com
- For more information, see http://www.eduroam.org
- ubcvisitor:: For UBC visitors. This signal is not available in the Library.
Connecting to the Wireless Network
- iPhone users may have difficulty connecting to the regent-student wifi. This is a known issue with the latest iOS versions. Please use the Regent College network as an alternative.
- Windows Users (Windows XP, Vista and 7):
- Open the Wireless Internet icon from the system tray on the lower right hand side of your screen.
- Select the 'Regent College' network, and click connect.
- Max OS X Users:
- Select the Airport (Wireless Internet) icon from the top menu bar.
- Click the 'Regent College' network to connect.
- Mac OS X users: Please turn off Internet Sharing. It will jam up other users by causing them connect to your computer instead.
- Bluetooth devices: Please turn them off. They use the same frequencies as the wireless network.